There are many benefits to working with staffing agencies. Topping the list is that we help IT contractors connect with the top clients and the best technology projects. Naturally, then, being able to build relationships and work with recruiters provides a major competitive advantage. The Talent Development Centre is all about growing independent contractors’ success, so 2016 was packed with inside information on how you can enhance your relationship with employment agencies.
The best position for you to be in is as one of your recruiters’ “top-of-mind” candidates. To provide insight on this topic and help you achieve this spot, we surveyed our recruiters to learn more about being top-of-mind. The result was a series of posts, including these:
- What is a Top-of-Mind Candidate?
- How to Become a Top-of-Mind IT Contracting Candidate
- The Best Way for IT Contractors to Stay Top-of-Mind to a Recruiter
Building a Relationship with a Recruiter
Of course, it all starts with a solid relationship with your recruiter. These posts will help you develop that relationship.
- Getting Better at This Will Improve Your Relationships with Clients and Recruitment Agencies
- The Most Loved and Hated Contractor Traits According to Recruiters
- Closing the Loop with Your Recruiter
- How to Get on a Recruiter’s Bad Side
- 7 Ways to Get on Your Recruiter’s Speed Dial plus 1 Bonus Tip
Choosing the Right Staffing Agency
Finally, the most important part of building a relationship with a staffing agency is to make sure you’ve chosen the right one. We always recommend you build relationships with at least three recruiters from different agencies. In this post, Frances McCart, VP Business Development, provides advice on how to choose that partner.