Technical Lead/Release Manager
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Technical Lead/Release Manager, and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a twelve (12) month contract to start in February.
Key Technical Lead/Release Manager Skills
- Experience as release manager in both waterfall and Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance potentially conflicting priorities, and to track and monitor numerous commitments and activities.
- Strong facilitation skills with experience in liaising with clients/stakeholders where client service is a key focus to responding to queries, issues & risk management.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices
- Strong knowledge of the DevOps tools ( Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CDD, Ansible)
- Experience with automation tools and solutions for the release management function
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- Understanding different options to communicate to SAAS (like SFTP or REST API-s)
- Understanding file transfer options and challenges to and from AWS Virtual private cloud
- Experience with scheduling tools
- Understand options to trigger processing on AWS
- Experience with Python
- Experience with ETL tools (AWS Glue)
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
As a Technical Lead/Release Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing integration of multiple systems that are on different platforms including in house developed systems that are on-premise
- In house developed applications on AWS
Vendor applications implemented in-house or on Virtual private cloud
- Applications that are SAAS
- Assume overall responsibility for release package artifacts and delivery.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Identify gaps including any DevOps tools insufficiencies
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment
- Plans and checklists.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
Do not miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.