DevOps EngineerEagle is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for a seven (7) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in December.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Tech Leads and Developers of various teams to assess existing problems and to come up with process, quality, and automation improvement solutions;
- Ensuring efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources and ensuring coordination with other internal and/or external partners;
- Working closely with development team to build CI/CD pipeline in Azure DevOps to improve product release cadence;
- Working with the development team to integrate testing scripts with CI/CD to improve the both code and product qualities and build the Azure dashboard;
- Identifying bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes;
- Building coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization;
- Leading employee research related to pain points in the coding and development process;
- Maintaining and growing knowledge of platform configuration management and troubleshooting;
- Participating in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure;
- Surveying developers and technical members of the organization to understand their main pain points in the coding and development process; and,
- Supporting the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial, and also represent the lab participating various technical community practices.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in programming (10+ preferred);
- Excellent coding and scripting skills (Bash, Perl) and experience with implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS);
- Working knowledge of deployment automation solutions (i.e. ARM, Puppet, Chef, Ansible);
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (Azure) and cluster management tools like Kubernetes;
- Experience in containers such as Docker, OpenShift;
- Experience in continuous integration and related tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Ant, Git, Sonar, etc.;
- Experience working with Agile methodology;
- Bringing a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you; and,
- Experience building a sense of trust and rapport that creates a welcoming, transparent, and effective workplace.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.