Data EngineersEagle is currently seeking two (2) Data Engineers for six (6) month contract opportunities, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Conducting analysis for moderate data requests, defining data fields and determining data availability, developing information layout, format and interactivity;
- Presenting findings and providing clarification;
- Collaborating with customers across the organization;
- Creating mapping documentation of data elements from source to target;
- Developing and testing Data Transformation pipelines by leveraging the latest Big Data tools and technologies;
- Providing subject matter expertise on data sources, reporting workflows, business process, and appropriate tools to analyze data; and,
- Participating with corporate data user teams, develop data validation and test plans, performing user acceptance testing, and provide feedback to development and sustainment team.
The qualified candidates must have:
- Advanced skill in programming languages: Scala, Java, etc.;
- Solid knowledge of Big Data platforms, ideally with exposure to Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, SPARK);
- Experience in designing efficient and robust ETL pipelines;
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and complex datasets;
- Experience with SQL and Relational Database;
- Experience with structured and unstructured data;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to work with customers;
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure;
- Strong data quality management process understanding, data analysis, and data profiling;
- The ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on technical problems and solution design;
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies; and,
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools, such as Business Objects or Tableau would be an asset.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.