Eagle is currently seeking a Test Analyst for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The Test Analyst is responsible for finding and reporting defects, bugs, and glitches through pre-defined test plans and scripts and performs testing on different utility software/systems such as AMI, MDM, CIS, PACE and assesses software quality.
Work from home for now until further notice due to Covid.
Travel required up to 30% - Within Canada.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Create logs and evidentiary to document testing phases, results, and defects.
- Report bugs and errors to project teams and enter in tracking systems.
- Participate in meetings to report test progress, articulate defects, and issues, etc.
- Analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Very strong End to End, Backend/Database, User Interface (UI) & Data Migration testing experience is preferred.
- Understanding, operating, and use of Azure DevOps Tool is preferred.
- A very strong end to end AMI data knowledge on a variety of vendor systems, Sensus, EnergyIP, Itron OWOC, and IEE experience is preferred,
- Experience writing test documentation such as test plans, scripts, and test results reports is preferred.
- Experience with HP ALM, and other test management systems is preferred.
- Preferred hands-on experience – but nice to have is college/university level education.
- Independently performs complex duties under limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze/interpret test results, provide recommendations to improve testing.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) and the ability to work with client project teams.
- Ability to convey test script results and bugs with Vendors and work through resolution and retesting.
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Intuitiveness and the need to understand why things work the way they do is critical.
- Various testing skills are required such as:
- Bug/Defect Tracking,
- Compatibility Testing,
- Functional Testing,
- Integration Testing,
- Migration QA,
- Performance Testing,
- Regression Testing,
- Smoke Testing,
- Software Testing,
- Stress Testing,
- Test Cases,
- Test Scripts,
- Bug Tracking Software,
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.