Intermediate QA AnalystEagle is currently seeking an Intermediate QA Analyst for a permanent job opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Helping gather business requirements for the development stream and will construct relevant QA documentation for testing purposes;
- Writing and executing test cases, track defects, fixes, and retest in an Agile/SCRUM environment;
- Prioritizing testing tasks based on criticality to the end user and ensure that all testing activities are completed as scheduled and co-ordinate testing to ensure release/sprint timelines and deliverables are met;
- Developing test plans and strategies based on quality assurance best practices and experience;
- Analyzing and understanding complex User Stories to create test cases/scenarios and demonstrate quality of deliverables to stakeholders;
- Working closely with the team to ensure all relevant and agreed upon aspects of the application are tested;
- Analyzing and verifying requirements for testing purposes;
- Communicating effectively and positively with other members of the team;
- Advocating for Quality in all aspects of design and development; and,
- Contributing to the development of automation testing.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Post-Secondary Education in related field;
- Five plus (5+) years of QA experience;
- Experience building/executing and documenting test cases;
- Experience isolating defects in desktop software or web applications;
- Strong understanding of Testing Methodologies;
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Experience working with Agile/ Scrum methodologies;
- Experience in writing automated tests;
- Experience exercising REST API’s;
- Experience with MS Test Manager;
- Automation experience is an asset;
- The ability to be a self starter who can hit the ground running;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, negotiation, planning, and facilitation skills; and,
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.