Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an ETL Developer. This is a five (5) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively within a development team to design, develop and optimize a Data Warehouse/ETL solution;
- Performing Logical and physical data modeling for enterprise data warehouse;
- Participating in the design of, and develops well-annotated, maintainable ETL processes according to specification and standards;
- Performance tunes and troubleshoots ETL processes under development;
- Participating in the development and enterprise data warehouse;
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of technical and business Meta data flows;
- Understanding and applying best practices for ETL development into standard warehouse models and dimensional data structures;
- Creating documentation for ETL processes and reviewing with other development resources for consistency; and,
- Providing guidance and assists in resolving development issues.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) years experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes, scripting, database tuning, etc.);
- Cognos and OBIEE experience;
- Experience with MS systems upgrades;
- Data warehouse / ETL design, development, best practices and optimization experience;
- Logical and physical data modeling for enterprise data warehouse experience;
- Experience writing complex ETL including slowly changing dimensions, aggregate tables, versioning, archiving;
- ETL orchestration experience for performing updates to data warehouse (automation, logging, and notifications);
- Knowledge of database performance tuning (monitoring and tuning queries / data loads);
- Experience working with business users to confirm / validate results;
- Data warehouse capacity planning experience;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Knowledge of MSSQL version 2017 (an asset);
- Experience building data warehouse for OBIEE, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos reporting environment (an asset); and,
- Exposure to Data Warehousing design and concepts (an asset) including:
- Dimensional data modeling including star/snowflake schema;
- Levels of Data Model design (conceptual, logical and physical data model);
- Slowly Changing Dimension problem and approach;
- Other best practices for ETL / data warehouse design and development.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.