Payroll AdministratorEagle is currently seeking a Payroll Administrator for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting a full-cycle, bi-weekly, and weekly payrolls for multiple legal entities across Canada;
- Supporting payroll processing in compliance with legislative guidelines;
- The preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for employees;
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of time card entries;
- Entering and processing other payroll related earnings/deductions;
- Processing and balancing of adjustments, retroactive pay, and terminations;
- Ensuring regulatory requirements and controls are adhered to in order to generate timely and compliant payrolls;
- Calculating/withholding of garnishees;
- ROE submission, editing, trouble shooting;
- Entering/verifying Auto Deposit information and TD1 forms;
- Entering/verifying timesheet adjustments and other compensations;
- Payments to third party vendors for garnishees and RRSPs;
- Responding to employee and internal/external inquiries; and,
- Filing and other administrative duties as required.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Four (4) to seven (7) years’ experience in a high-volume, fast-paced payroll environment;
- PCP Certification desired;
- Proven track record as a Payroll administrator with good understanding of payroll methodology (how do you approach payroll calculations and reconciliations);
- Experience working in larger companies with different payroll schedules, pay structures (hourly, salary, bonus, commission, etc.);
- Previous experience working in an environment where they have been involved in a payroll system change is an asset;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Proficiency in additional MS Applications: Outlook, Word;
- Excellent organization and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment;
- Keen analytical and trouble-shooting skills; and,
- Flexibility to work overtime as required to meet deadlines.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.