Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new searchEagle is currently seeking a Project Manager for a four (4) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality that provides exceptional business value to users;
- Managing several concurrent, high visibility projects, using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions;
- Leading and managing medium to large complexity projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams;
- Playing a consultative role to help establish the appropriate people, process, tools, and coaching needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team;
- Using good judgement and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints;
- In some cases, the Project Manager may also be required to be the Scrum Master;
- Using knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles with Agile practices in the right proportions, to provide the appropriate level of planning and predictability with the right balance of flexibility and agility;
- Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects;
- Assisting in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments; removing impediments to their work; and leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work;
- Defining and managing a project management process and champion on-going process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management; and,
- Promoting empowerment of the team, ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution; and encouraging a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or a combination of education and experience);
- Five (5) to ten (10) years project management experience;
- PMP and experience working with Scrum/Kanban or other Agile methodologies.;
- Working towards or achieved PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent is an asset;
- Solid knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices;
- Experience managing both business and technical projects;
- Experience working as a Scrum Master;
- Proven track record of successfully implementing medium to large sized projects using both Agile and traditional methodologies;
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaboration, and team building;
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level; and,
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.