Eagle is currently seeking an Agile Coach. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Role clarity, responsibilities and delivery expectations;
- Scrum processes and ceremonies;
- Challenging of old norms in both business and IT processes for continuous improvement of KPIs, tools, and processes;
- Promotion of DevOps technical practices;
- Right-sizing governance, documentation, and processes;
- Coordination of ceremonies across mixed methodologies (i.e. Kanban / Scrum);
- Coordinate with other teams, facilitate preparation for Product Increment Planning, and support the Agile Release Train estimates for larger features and capabilities;
- Provide the educational support to the organization on Agile principles and Scrum/ Kanban practices or any additional Agile techniques to increase the Company-wide execution, innovation and overall maturity;
- Provide 1:1 mentoring and coaching for purposes of development, support or remediation across all levels of the organization;
- Promote the Agile culture and mindset throughout the organization. This includes leading teams and influencing leaders and their partners as they learn and adopt Agile practices by supporting them through coaching, mentoring, facilitating, and teaching;
- Hold a leadership role within the Connect Advice team to help remove impediments and facilitate an environment of continuous improvement and adoption of agile/scrum practices;
- Proactively analyze and make recommendations for improvements to existing agile organizational practices and patterns at the team level. Share best practices and insights across the organization to remove impediments to the implementation of agile, and;
- Work with the Agile Transformation Office Coach to support executive agile training.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience in agile delivery/training/coaching;
- Discipline expert in agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe);
- Experience in coaching and leadership skills;
- Strong negotiation skills and willingness to challenge the status quo;
- Strong organizational change management orientation;
- An effective communicator at all levels, in both structured (e.g. training) and non-hierarchical, informal structures;
- Strong political savvy and sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- Understanding of the difference between consulting and coaching and knowing when to apply each;
- Hands-on experience and previous accountability for delivery outcomes using Agile practices;
- Commitment to grow as an Agile Coach through continually improving your own skills and approaches;
- Knowledge of agile tools;
- Proven ability to deliver significant improvements in self-managed Agile teams through the application of coaching techniques;
- Experience in DevOps (as an asset), and;
- Experience in the insurance or financial industry (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.