Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage all phases of large or several medium, high-risk projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best practice standards and processes set out by the company’s PMOs and other industry organizations, including PMI;
- Provide clear direction and motivation to the project team, mentor, and develop project managers to track, execute and report on project activities;
- Lead project work that is distributed across a substantial number of vendors and Internal teams and resources;
- Responsible for working with the various teams across the globe to ensure proper implementation of change;
- Work in a matrix organization with a group of project managers who are individually responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on interdependent projects;
- Work with Project Management Office to develop and enhance project management processes, project manager performance, and client satisfaction;
- Ensure the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality, and measures of success;
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships including Corporate and BG Business leaders to ensure project delivery expectations are specified and successfully met;
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business teams;
- Monitor and report on project status highlighting issues and risks appropriately; as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans;
- Define and manage project risks and issues ensuring appropriate strategies and plans are in place to mitigate or handle effectively. Proactively escalate risks and issues as appropriate;
- Ensure effective and timely communication occurs within the project team and between the project team and their stakeholders;
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are available and used by the project team, and;
- Ensure that project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in project management;
- University degree, college diploma, or appropriate experience in lieu of;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on relationship management and team building;
- Ability to work in an environment with fluctuating deadlines and multiple professional perspectives;
- Ability to confidently interact with various levels of management;
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate project information to provide comprehensive, concise recommendations to management;
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to manage difficult situations to resolution;
- Ability to effectively manage projects in a matrix organization;
- Ability to hold project team members and other stakeholders accountable to ensure that projects can progress according to plan;
- Can effectively contribute to the analysis of project expense trends and understands the impact on projected spending;
- Has a personal sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done and instills the same in the project team;
- Ability to positively motivate project teams to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Ability to partner with resource managers to deal fairly, firmly, and promptly with performance problems;
- Ability to create project plans for complex projects with many interrelated paths;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work with ambiguity and help project team members work with ambiguity;
- PMP Certification, and in good standing with PMI (as an asset), and;
- Project management experience in the insurance industry or finance industry (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.