Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Developer. This is a three (3) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide ongoing support of mobile and web application systems in production including responding to service requests, problem analysis, resolution, escalation, and reporting as necessary;
- Identify and participate in improvement, system renewal, stability, and upgrade projects;
- Closely collaborate with developers, infrastructure teams, system designers, business system analysts, application analysts, and testing specialists to deliver high-quality solutions and maintain a stable environment;
- Create and maintain supporting documentation;
- Participate in various review processes - e.g Business Requirements, Test plans, Design reviews, etc to gain a solid understanding of the application and provide input into the various deliverables from a security perspective;
- Support existing Java web applications and frameworks and mobile;
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug programs on small projects;
- Coding will be 75% Java and 25% .Net;
- Design and implement a self-development plan, and;
- Design security solutions to web/mobile infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of information technology experience in web application and mobile development;
- Strong working knowledge of Java, J2EE, web services, and application integration technologies;
- Experience with C# and ASP.Net;
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively understand what needs to change and make the necessary code adjustments to rectify the problem;
- Comfortable with unknown processes and be able to work around it;
- Experience with Unix, Oracle, and relational database technologies;
- Excellent understanding of distributed application problem solving and debugging;
- Solid understanding of distributed application packaging, deployment, and performance management;
- Strong planning, organizational and consulting skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences and work with business partners as well as infrastructure teams;
- Self-initiator, fast and independent learner, and ability to multitask;
- Good communication skills, and;
- RCMP Clearance required for this role.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.