Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Database Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This is a permanent position with a top tier company to start in February.
Key Database Architect Skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/IT or a related field of study and/or ten plus (10+) years of equivalent IT working experience
- Microsoft MCSE Certification and other vendor certifications
- Ten (10) or more years of experience and expertise in Database Systems architecture design, development, and implementations in medium or large enterprise mission-critical 24/7 environments in on-premises Data Centers and public cloud (Azure)
- Highly skilled and proficient in Microsoft SQL Server DBA discipline
- Strong background and experience with all High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server including Always-On Availability Groups, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Clustering. Practical understanding of other Infrastructure BC/DR capabilities.
- Extensive experience in logical and physical Database Systems design.
- Experience with Microsoft BI and Analytical core components: SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, R-Services, DTS.
- Other relational (Oracle, DB2, MySQL) and non-relational database systems experience is an asset.
- Solid knowledge of Networking, Operating Systems, Storage concepts, and experience operating Database Servers in virtual, physical, and cloud-based environments.
As a Database Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Provide technical leadership for the architecture, design, and operational support of client’s Database Systems and its' associated technologies to meet requirements of High Availability, consistent performance, scalability, and security.
- Lead and participate in initiatives and projects with the Business, Applications, and Technology Infrastructure teams to design and deploy Database environments hosting core in-house transactional payment processing and 3rd party vendor systems.
- Continuously assess and identify inefficiencies and gaps in the current Database technology portfolio and recommend solutions.
- Lead the evaluation and recommendation on emerging technologies in support of increasing cost-effectiveness and systems flexibility to meet business needs.
- Design, plan and lead the implementation of solutions using Database technologies and their functional capabilities based on business requirements, while effectively integrating into existing Database Infrastructure, smoothly transition knowledge of the solutions to the members of the Database Services team for deployment and operation.
- Establish and support the enforcement of technology standards, processes, and policies related to the Database Services functional area.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design, and implementation stages to address business and industry requirements.
Do not miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.