Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Programmer/Developer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Required to translate technical systems specifications into working, tested applications, and;
- Developing detailed programming specifications, writing and/or generating code, compiling data-driven programs, maintaining, and conducting unit tests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Experience in programming and analysis at the specified experience level;
- Ability to collaborate with IT Professionals throughout the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of applications;
- Experience in design, code, test, debug and document applications;
- Experience in the use of object and/or third-generation language development tools;
- Experience in one or more programming languages;
- Experience in application design, latest design patterns, deployment, and troubleshooting;
- Experience with relational and hierarchical database technologies;
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages using query languages;
- Experience with one or more communications protocols;
- Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of applications;
- Experience eliciting and documenting information from diverse business area stakeholders and subject matter experts;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines;
- Knowledge and experience with programming Internet-ready applications (as an asset);
- Knowledge and experience in rapid application development (RAD) methodologies (as an asset);
- Experience with middleware and gateways (as an asset);
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards (as an asset), and;
- Ability to provide user and system documentation as required (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.