Apache Kafka/ Java8 DEVELOPER
Eagle is currently seeking an Apache Kafka/ Java8 Developer. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and supporting user-focused applications and programs while ensuring all components adhere to a consistent, extensible, evolving architecture which meets business requirements;
- Working with both internal groups and external vendors / stakeholders to develop innovative solutions;
- Owning the full stack and entire lifecycle of key software applications, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment;
- Leading and / or providing design input into new projects; turning informed ideas to develop successful software;
- Creating and delivering complex software solutions that have broad organizational or client impact;
- Providing organizational consulting, advice and education on capabilities; modelling and development methodology, including design and coding standards;
- Creating and maintaining documentation for these standards;
- Investigating issues and recommending / defining solutions informed from internal consultation and external research (e.g. stakeholders / industry trends / third party suites);
- Interfacing closely with internal and external customers to efficiently drive new products, new features and new ways forward in the in development of complex software including issue resolution and dev ops management; and,
- Providing input into the technical evolution of the platform. Researching industry trends and recommending technology that modernizes the platform.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment;
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience working in software development, design, business intelligence environments, and / or data architecture environments;
- Full proficiency with multiple programming languages and / or database management and modelling. Hands-on technical expertise with high proficiency in analytical ability and design skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High proficiency in leading large scale projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders;
- Two plus (2+) years working experience in Apache Kafka;
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2016 or greater), but any SQL experience;
- Experience designing, developing, and testing RESTful APIs using Java 8+ and Spring Boot;
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality;
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker;
- Experience in Jira;
- Experience in NoSQL such as AeroSpike, Neo4j (an asset);
- Experience in Cloud services, Microsoft Azure (an asset); and,
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.