Eagle is currently seeking a JAVA8 Developer. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing requirements, design, develop, update and repair solutions that pertain to improving the product through development, design, and / or business intelligence;
- Conducting data analysis to support business requirements, transferring design concepts across environments;
- Analyzing business requirements for complex issues to determine the best solution; some user interaction may be required;
- Participating in the architecture, design and implementation of complex software including having demonstrated knowledge of software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Building solutions that operate key platforms that power business. Working directly with software users, to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements and optimizations. Finding and delivering practical technology solutions to real problems, being cognizant of the scale and impact of your systems;
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project;
- Conducting product reviews to ensure functionality meets future user/client requirements. Conceives of new features or re-architecting areas for user and performance improvement; and,
- Mentoring junior members and begins to perform peer code.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree required in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in software development, design, and / or business intelligence environments;
- High Proficiency in software development across multiple programming languages; and contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems;
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures;
- Proficiency in leading projects or project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical and non-technical peers/clients;
- Experience in Core Java (Java 8+) with a backend focus;
- Experience with Databases (SQL Server and preferably a NOSQL solution);
- Experience in taking a lead role in moderately sized or a key portion of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
- Experience with at least one of the public clouds such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (an asset);
- Experience working with DevOps pipelines (Git, Maven, Jenkins), continuous integration/delivery, automated testing (unit, functional, performance) (an asset);
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka (an asset); and,
- Proficiency in payment systems and the merchant acquiring business (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.