The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements, functional and technical specifications to support assigned product changes;
- Decompose business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code for simple and moderately complex problems;
- Developing and updating comprehensive test plans on software development / design changes. Developing scripts according to the business specifications/designs;
- Assessing risk associated with implementations, and developing “back out” plans prior to implementing changes in production;
- Anticipating problems and proposes multiple solutions;
- Ensuring all code is written, tested, integrated with the rest of the project code base;
- Ensuring quality of integration and testing activities through code and documentation quality to facilitate final delivery;
- Building solutions according to business specifications/designs that are supportable, scalable and achieve the aspiration of common assets;
- Maintaining applications according to requirements which may involve modifications to existing scripts and workflow;
- Validating that production moves are executed appropriately, monitoring production process after release to ensure accuracy and efficiency; and,
- Conducting continuous product improvement through maintenance activities on existing products to correct errors in the original implementation, adding new features or re-architecting areas for performance improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree required in Software Engineering, Computer Science; or equivalent work experience in a Technology or business environment;
- Proven understanding of object oriented design patterns and Responsive and Adaptive UI implementation;
- Familiarity with the following: Restful APIs; IOS / Android development; Java; PHP; Git and Agile practices;
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in software development and / or software design;
- Proficiency with writing code in multiple programming languages; competent in software development / design: troubleshooting, project life-cycle, user experience, design and implementation;
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts or problems to technical and non-technical peers; and,
- Understanding of payment systems and the merchant acquiring business (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.