Manager, Software Development and Architecture
Eagle is currently seeking a Manager, Software Development and Architecture. This is a permanent position scheduled to start in October.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of software development professionals responsible for multiple aspects of product development;
- Planning tasks (e.g. front end platforms, design and implementation of assigned product domains, integration with third-party products etc.), hold code and design reviews while ensuring that all components are architecturally consistent;
- Defining high level architecture, collaborating with senior developers across the team on design, and review and approve the detailed designs;
- Driving all aspects of development including requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration;
- Overseeing detailed designs, implementation, and test plan reviews to ensure high quality deliverables;
- Assessing systems in relation to functional and technical requirements for current and future products by working with internal key stakeholders;
- Working closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative releases, and making design decision throughout development;
- Effectively communicating solution designs to both business and technical groups to ensure a common understanding and achieve agreement;
- Maintaining the platform backlog and roadmap;
- Conducting stakeholder meetings to review the platform roadmap and intake items into the backlog;
- Ensuring resulting software deliverables adhere to all application product architectures and best practices;
- Sponsoring technology-initiated work items and changes to improve the platform and incorporate them into the roadmap and platform release schedules; and,
- Planning for the budget, resources and tools to deliver against a roadmap.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred;
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience working in system-level software development / architecture role;
- Full proficiency in working in Java software development, large scale systems design, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC);
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to establish and sell the senior leaders within the technology organization on your technical vision;
- Three (3) years of technical leadership and people management experience;
- Demonstrated passion and ability to inspire others; and,
- Experience with React, JIRA and Agile/Kanban (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.