Sr. SAS Developer
Eagle is currently seeking a Sr. SAS Developer. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and improving existing reports and data interfaces using SAS Viya;
- Converting existing SAS code into high quality SAS code that is efficient (fast), automated, maintainable, and follows industry best practices;
- Mentoring colleagues and being proactive in developing colleague skill sets to have a better understanding of SAS coding, information maps, stored processes, web reports, and SAS administration;
- Assisting with SAS administration including performance tuning and scheduling programs;
- Development of Actuarial models (SAS Viya) to support IFRS 17 Program;
- Tuning/refining of models based on changing standard; and,
- Supporting the Technical Lead with SAS development (EG/Viya).
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Knowledge of SAS Viya Cloud Analytics Services (CAS) and multi-threaded programming;
- Knowledge of SAS/IML package deployment/utilization for simulations;
- Familiarity using Model Studio and Model Manager in SAS Viya;
- Enhanced Reliability clearance;
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of SAS experience developing, configuring, and administering SAS solutions;
- Strong experience with installation, configuration, and administration of SAS 9.4/Viya;
- Experience with scheduling with LSF Platform Suite built into SAS;
- Strong experience with SAS BI Server;
- Knowledge of migrating SAS 9.1 to SAS 9.4/Viya, including web report studio;
- Knowledge of best practices using SAS (enterprise guide, stored processes, information maps, and web reports studio);
- Comfort with UNIX and using command line interfaces;
- Strong SQL experience;
- Experience with performance tuning SAS servers, troubleshooting, and automation of SAS jobs and code;
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Financial industry experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.