Application Developer (C#, SCADA)Eagle is currently seeking an Application Developer (C#, SCADA) for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the research, design, development, porting, maintenance, and testing of mission critical software applications (including the HMI - Human Machine Interface displays) and their implementation into the new OASyS DNA SCADA and applicable Leak Detection systems;
- Providing technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing, and configuration changes, as a member of the team which takes ownership of custom (competitive advantage) SCADA and Leak Detection software products;
- Being responsive, supportive, and available to other teams in support of the SCADA Replacement Program and other business areas;
- Supporting through after hours on-call (as required), transition of Software Solutions projects, and any tier 3 (critical issue escalation) development support work assigned;
- Commitment to the Software Solutions team and its success;
- Applying an understanding of Software Development best practices, standards, and operating procedures as applicable to mission critical, SCADA and Leak Detection software development;
- Performing code reviews on developers of all experience levels as per published procedure, with the ability to give and take constructive feedback;
- Maintaining leading edge technical skills through regular technical training, industry conferences, and internal cross-training, and use that knowledge to help the entire team stay current on industry/technology trends;
- Preparing and maintaining documentation as per the client’s standards;
- Participating in the client’s Health and Safety program;
- Involvement in design/code reviews and technology investigations required for projects involving the Software Solutions Team;
- Participating in the development, implementation, and support of software applications and products;
- Regular communication with Technical Lead(s), Project Managers, Release Coordinator, and Manager as defined by the communicated delivery plan; and,
- Contributing to multiple projects (stream) and/or products on a critical program.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A relevant Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of directly related work experience;
- Strong industry expertise in C#, ASP.NET, Python, C++ and/or Java with an excellent track record of designing and implementing complex, mission critical, or SCADA system software;
- Knowledge and experience in SCADA Systems, communication protocols, PLC/RTU/DCS data driver development and both historical and real-time data access methodologies;
- Knowledge and experience with SQL programming, interfaces, and databases;
- Experience working with Agile and/or Kanban development methodologies and working in teams that produce iterative results;
- Awareness and/or experience with modern Data Science and analysis practices, with a focus on algorithms and machine learning;
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems;
- Strong analytical communications and problems solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good presentation skills and ability to write technical documents/specifications;
- Sound organizational skills; and,
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, priority-changing environment.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.