Solution Design Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Design Engineer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Lead the design, development, deployment, and rollout of components involved in API Platforms both cloud and on-premise. Experience in designing, developing, and implementing API Framework is a must;
- Lead the construction, maintenance, and continuous improvement of core infrastructure that underlies API development including a Gateway/Service Mesh, Run-Time, security, logging, exception handling, etc. in partnership with the rest of ES;
- Lead the design and development of the CI/CD Pipeline for API lifecycle;
- Lead the design and implementation of Event Hub with Kafka;
- Identifying defects in the platform modules, debugging issues being faced, and provide effective solutions to resolve the same;
- Mentor team members to bring them up to speed on build and deployment best practices;
- Design and Develop Enterprise-wide archetypes and deployment templates to enable API teams to effectively build and deploy their solutions;
- Ensure projects are following best practices around continuous integration and delivery;
- Partner with business, and API teams to design, develop and demonstrate the value of implementing API Platform components using cloud-based solutions, and;
- Work closely with the Business and technology partners to ensure the effective implementation of new technologies that support API Governance and standardization across the company.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area;
- Minimum of 5 years in Application and System Design, Development, and Delivery and Operations;
- 5+ years experience in implementing continuous integration and delivery solutions;
- Specialized API architecture frameworks, security, patterns, model and delivery;
- Exposure to using Authentication and Authorization solutions with REST API’s. Knowledge of standards like OAuth, Open Id is a must;
- Exposure to API gateway solutions, not limited to Software AG, IBM API Connect, Apigee, AWS API Gateway, Kong is desired;
- Knowledge of REST API design standards, good working knowledge of API design specifications like Open API Spec, RAML;
- Strong engineering and delivery expertise in DevOps, Container, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka technologies;
- Good working knowledge for CI/CD solutions ( like Jenkins, Ansible, CDD Continuous Delivery Director);
- Good working knowledge of building Docker images;
- Good working knowledge of deploying components on Kubernetes, using Helm Charts, Kustomization templates, or other K8s operators;
- Proficiency in building and deploying solutions with frameworks like Spring Boot;
- Exposure to modern event-based architectures and patterns ( event sourcing, choreography based SAGA Pattern);
- Exposure to building solutions using Apache Kafka, Confluent Platform is desired;
- Expertise and hands-on experience working on Kafka technologies, Kafka Connect using Schema Registry, Kafka Brokers, ZooKeepers, KSQL, KSQL, KStream, Kafka Control Center, Kafka Rest Proxy;
- Expertise and hands-on experience working on Kafka connectors such as MQ connectors, Elastic Search connectors, JDBC connectors, File stream connector, JMS source connectors, Tasks, Workers, converters, Transforms;
- Expertise and hands-on experience on custom connectors using the Kafka core concepts and API, and;
- A deep understanding of Financial Services is preferred.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.