Disaster Recovery Business Systems AnalystEagle is currently seeking a Disaster Recovery Business Systems Analyst for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in November.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working together with IT and business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, and validate plans and procedures for disaster recovery for core the client’s applications and technical systems;
- Designing the information-gathering approach;
- Working closely with experts in business application and technical systems (infrastructure, servers, databases/platforms and other supporting systems) identify and document disaster recovery processes, scripts and other exercise artifacts;
- Identifying contacts and networks for recovery resources and supporting systems;
- Ensuring processes are in place for detection of invalid or altered data, including test and confirmation steps;
- Ensuring the procedures meet regulatory requirements as appropriate for the service or system being restored;
- Assembling and validating documentation with user community;
- Recommending system and organizational changes required to support disaster recovery;
- Assisting in the preparation and documentation of an annual Disaster Recovery walk through exercise with Leaders; and,
- Assisting in developing a simulated walk through of the Disaster Recovery plan and procedures with the various Departmental Units, on-prem/Azure facilities, and Business Technical Services Operational teams.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering) or an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Three (3) years disaster recovery, contingency planning and business continuity management experience;
- Five (5) years of experience in modelling business and application architectures, systems analysis and design;
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in data analytics or reporting development;
- Three (3) years of experience in process modelling, analysis, and documentation;
- Three (3) years of experience leading the analysis effort on significant initiatives, including responsibility for designing the information-gathering approach;
- Sound knowledge of contingency planning and disaster recovery principles;
- Knowledge of basic IT Service Management Framework;
- Knowledge of computer network hardware/software and applications; technical understanding of terminologies and concepts;
- Knowledge of Azure technology;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interview and facilitate meetings with individuals at all levels in the organization, and with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.