SCM Specialist / Build Engineer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a SCM Specialist / Build Engineer. This is an eleven (11) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participate in agile software development projects by priming and executing SCM activities such as build, packaging, and deployment;
- Set up and maintain automation by adopting trending DevOps technologies and processes;
- Ensure SCM infrastructure and tools, including Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and Azure;
- DevOps, are current, reliable, and operational;
- Support application deployment and troubleshooting of environments;
- Develop, document, and promote branch/merge strategies, build and packaging methodologies, and ensure they comply with both company and industry standards and best practices, and;
- Communicate, present, and ensure compliance of SCM strategies to development teams.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Sound knowledge of SCM fundamental concepts and practices such as branch/merge strategies, build process, packaging approaches, and deployment best practice;
- Extensive experience with Java middleware application build and deployment automation using Jenkins;
- UNIX shell scripting;
- Able to build and maintain relationships within and across different teams;
- Client focus and attention to detail;
- Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service;
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently;
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Previous banking experience (as an asset);
- Kubernetes, OpenShift (as an asset);
- Jira/Confluence (as an asset);
- Linux RPM packaging (as an asset);
- Node/npm build (as an asset);
- Net application build (as an asset), and;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment withEagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.