Data EngineerEagle is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating optimal data pipeline architecture optimizing the AWS tech stack;
- Developing and building data pipelines using ETL/ELT logic in an appropriate language;
- Building massive lake for big data and deploying AWS tech stack;
- Spinning up appropriate AWS tools instances (EMR, EC2, etc.) for a variety of jobs;
- Ingesting multiple data sources into AWS lake for business consumption and automation employing a variety of languages and tools (i.e. scripting languages) to ingest data from multiple systems;
- Developing scheduled automated batch jobs;
- Setting up the data environment, data repositories and processes, data refreshes, and structuring the data in a way that is useable for agile analysis;
- Creating data sets in the appropriate formats;
- Developing data set processes for data modeling, mining and production;
- Designing and creating all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions by designing the best possible ETL process around those goals;
- Developing, constructing, and testing designs to ensure smoothly system operations;
- Implementing ways to maintain and improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality;
- Collaborating closely with data architects, data scientists and product team members on project goals;
- Assisting with infrastructure development and appropriate access to data;
- Working closely with Data Architect, Lead Architect and DevOps;
- Developing automation priorities as assigned by Data Lead to enable Business team to improve efficiency;
- Participating in Data Governance Development;
- Supporting and developing data pipeline based on Data principles and vision; and,
- Ensuring pipeline designs are portable and ability migrate between cloud systems.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Experience with PowerBI;
- ETL/Data experience;
- Spark/Python development experience;
- AWS Cloud experience (Data Lake, Data Warehouse, AWS tools); and,
- Experience with AWS Quicksight is nice to have.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.