Eagle is currently seeking an Accounting Analyst-Senior. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide ongoing, timely, and accurate analysis of monthly financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes for Brokerage Provide and document monthly the performance of various lines of business/function for financial information packages;
- Prepare/support the preparation of monthly reporting packages and Financial Statements, (including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary), in accordance with IFRS, or similar financial frameworks and within the agreed-upon timelines, reviewing all information against budget and back-ups to check for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary;
- Participate in projects and act as a subject matter expert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately;
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to LOB Finance to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized;
- Support business/function group financial performance management activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice, and counsel;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with LOB and other areas in the company;
- Provide support and advice to business units to ensure goals and strategies are understood to drive performance management reporting;
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to LOB to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized;
- Provide attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities, and exposures to their Manager;
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close;
- Provide information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently;
- Complete/support the completion of all regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information;
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies;
- Support the operationalization of business/function change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective, and;
- Collaborate with finance colleagues to support changes within the finance team.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Finance function in financial services;
- Completed an accounting designation e.g. CA, CGA, CMA (or enrolled in designation program);
- Knowledge/familiarity required of accounting principles and methods (GAAP/IRFS);
- Exhibits critical thinking skills, analytical and integrative skills;
- Demonstrates solid communication skills (Both written and verbal);
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured data sets and building financial models;
- Possess knowledge of design and analysis methodologies to work in an agile environment;
- Accounting designation preferred (or working towards it);
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Respect for highly confidential information;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timeframes;
- Ability to build a collaborative, team environment, and;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently multi-task.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.