Junior Maintenance and Support Developer (Gas/Storage/Energy)Eagle is currently seeking a Junior/Intermediate Software Developer (Gas/Storage/Energy) for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
This position is part of an on-call rotation (7x24) and may be requested to provide support during emergency response incidents due to operational needs, as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, testing, implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining new and existing software solutions across multiple platforms;
- Seeing projects and work tasks through to completion while adhering to committed timelines;
- Providing day to day operational support of critical business systems while adhering to best practices;
- Participating as an active team member on projects;
- Ensuring all documentation is created and maintained for all software solutions;
- Seeking Continuous Improvements opportunities across the business and IS department;
- Working collaboratively with other teams and actively seek application related improvements and take actions to optimize application delivery;
- Managing and optimizing our business systems running on Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Adhering to the client’s standards on change management, problem management, and incident tracking; and,
- Exploring new technologies that will provide value to the business.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline;
- One (1) to four (4) years of experience in software development;
- Training in or experience with cloud native technologies;
- Proven experience with OOP languages: C#/.NET, Java and/or Python;
- Working knowledge of SQL and other database services available in AWS;
- Working knowledge of version control systems (git);
- Experience with agile software development practice;
- Working knowledge of automatic testing (unit testing, SpecFlow) is considered an asset;
- Experience with scripting using Python, JSON, and/or Shell is considered an asset;
- Experience in support customers after hours and being on call is considered an asset;
- Willingness and ability to adapt and learn new technologies;
- Demonstrated strong partnership, teamwork, and communication skills with a focus on customer service;
- Excellent problem solving, decision analysis, interpersonal, and consulting skills; and,
- Understanding of the energy industry and built business acumen is considered an asset.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.