QA Analyst/ Intermediate
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate QA Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Evaluate and qualify new wireless products (gateways, modules and M2M/IoT devices) to meet the requirements of the business, focusing on key aspects of network interworking technologies/services and applications within the devices;
- Troubleshoot and identify product issues, assisting vendors in driving resolution during feature development or product qualification cycles while meeting defined timelines;
- Apply your experience of UMTS and LTE signaling call flows to identify unexpected behavior in devices and effectively troubleshoot using drive test/mobile logging tools to establish root causes;
- Think out of the box and beyond defined test cases to anticipate end-user experience/situations;
- Provide support to members of Wireless Technology Products, other internal teams,, and device vendors to ensure product issues and impacts are well understood to maximize product quality and to meet overall business needs in terms of time to market;
- As a subject matter expert, you would be accountable for testing specific technical areas in new device projects as assigned – primarily in technical areas related to RF and Data Access, and;
- Efficiently manage time while assigned to multiple concurrent projects, effectively prioritizing and adapting in a fast-paced challenging environment.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- B.Eng/BSc or MSc in Electrical, Computer or Data Systems Engineering;
- Aptitude for quickly learning different vendor technologies and tools;
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks concurrently with strong commitment to execution;
- Strong command of the English language – both written and oral;
- Highly functional knowledge and significant experience with 3G and 4G technologies (UMTS, LTE);
- Able to analyze WCDMA/LTE Layer 3 messaging (e.g., using mobile logging tools such as QXDM);
- Strong knowledge of IP networking concepts and ability to analyze common application protocols;
- Committed team player, able to communicate well in a cross-functional team and develop effective cooperative working relationships;
- Valid G-class Ontario driver’s license (subject to verification);
- Experience in the design, optimization, and/or troubleshooting of wireless networks (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth) and sensor technology;
- Familiarity with these technologies: CAT-M1, NB-IoT, LoRa, Sigfox, Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, WiFi, LwM2M, CoAP , VoLTE/IMS, IPv6, OMA-CP/DM/FOTA, GNSS, common wired/wireless sensor interfaces, LTE core and RAN network elements;
- Computer programming/automation experience;
- Hands-on experience with IoT/M2M module, device, and sensor hardware. Good familiarity with embedded Linux environments and programming/scripting capabilities (as a strong asset), and;
- Strong familiarity with Qualcomm chipsets and wireless module/device architecture. Familiarity with MTK, Samsung, Intel, and other chipsets (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.