Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Requirements management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.) Enterprise analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.);
- Requirements elicitation (prototyping, reverse engineering, focus groups, interviews, etc.);
- Requirements analysis such as analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.);
- Development of functional designs or detailed user stories;
- Writing detailed functional specifications for system behavior, system integrations such as creating source and target mapping of information across systems;
- Solution assessment and validation (support of user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.);
- Assisting with development of test scenarios and test cases as appropriate, and;
- Critical Skills and Competencies Characteristics.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience. Specialty: Computer science, management information systems, or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst role;
- 2-3 years of experience in writing detailed functional specifications for a variety of applications, User Interfaces, Integrations, ETL components;
- Strong communication skills;
- Agile/ Scrum experience;
- Project Management Professional (PMP),
- MS Office, MS Visio proficiency;
- Strong abilities to perform business analysis, translating requirements into functional specifications that can help drive specifications for developers and/or testers as needed. Need to be an all-rounder, but the emphasis for this role is especially on business systems analysis;
- Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements;
- Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM, SOAP-UI, Postman;
- Highly available at work during regular hours to interact closely with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently;
- Completely understands principles of iterative development, and able to document business requirements as Agile user stories;
- Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or any other RDBMS;
- Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations;
- Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks;
- Cloud, AWS experience (as an asset);
- Basic SQL query writing experience (as an asset)
- Soap UI experience (as an asset);
- Certified business analysis professional (CBAP) (as an asset);
- ITIL foundations (as an asset);
- BABOK (as an asset), and;
- TOGAF certification (Asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.