Rexx Mainframe ConsultantEagle is currently seeking a Rexx Mainframe Consultant for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Automating Mainframe procedures to prevent or reduce system or application down time to meet SLAs;
- Using Automation to provide Mainframe Automation: writing programs, making changes as needed;
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and correcting problems;
- Reviewing current practices and determine the best way to have Automation do preventative or reactive procedures to reduce or eliminate system or application down time;
- Dealing directly with the client in creating new or changing current automation procedures;
- Opening problem tickets and working with client to resolve them;
- Working with other Mainframe support groups involving Automation for their needs;
- Creating and/or maintaining Automation documentation, research new and recommend;
- Preparing Automation prior to tests and participate in tests;
- Performing upgrades on the Automation software products; and,
- Responding to Incident tickets: investigate, explain fix, or create new automation.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong Mainframe skills such as TSO/ISPF, an understanding of the applications and the dependencies on the mainframe (i.e. IMS, DB2, CA7);
- Knowledge of Netview and SA/MVS;
- Knowledge of Word, Excel;
- Experience with incident and change management procedures;
- Analytical and root-cause analysis skills;
- Technical skills, research skills, reasoning and planning; time management skills and the capability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral to create/update operator documentation, to explain how to do things in Automation, explain problems to tech support;
- The ability to work well in a team environment and disciplined to work on their own using initiative to complete tasks;
- Knowledge of JCL an asset; and,
- Knowledge of Netview REXX an asset (or other programming language).
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.