Business Intelligence Technical SpecialistEagle is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Technical Specialist for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical solution recommendations for the design, development, and maintenance of new systems by following the architecture strategy and for continuous improvement of existing systems;
- Assisting in the division, department, and team planning and management of multiple, concurrent and/or large projects that require collaboration with business clients from all divisions and other IT team members to ensure on-time and on budget delivery;
- Hands-on design and development of reporting and analytics applications utilizing Microstrategy technology and general purpose programming languages, using REST APIs;
- Collaborating and providing input to Solution Architects regarding the overall solution design for applications and projects that involves reporting and analytics;
- Creating technical solution design documentation for the reporting applications;
- Collaborating with Data Integration Analysts and Business Intelligence Analysts to translate business needs into technical specifications for reporting and analytics, as per business requirements;
- Creating support documentation for support teams; and,
- Participating in troubleshooting and resolving issues raised as part of the problem resolution process for production systems.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science preferred or a College Computer Science Diploma;
- Solid knowledge of Microstrategy (Developer);
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and their use in microservices;
- Working knowledge of inter-changeable data formats: JSON;
- Solid understanding of SQL scripting;
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and semi-structured data sources;
- Basic understanding of programming languages;
- Solid knowledge of Microstrategy Developer and other tools in the Microstrategy software suite (including SDK), ver 11.x and up;
- Basic knowledge of JSON, CSV, XML data formats;
- Basic knowledge of semi-structured databases (ElasticSearch);
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Java, Scala);
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (HTTP, REST API);
- Basic knowledge of collaboration tools; and,
- Strong communication skills.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.