Data Integration SpecialistEagle is currently seeking a Data Integration Specialist for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining data delivery solutions that enable data-driven business intelligence and analytics;
- Definition and continuous improvement of data preparation processes by following the architecture strategy guidelines for data and systems integration and the data governance framework;
- Creating and managing data structures and data manipulation workflows that respond to business operations and increase utilization of enterprise data as an asset;
- Analyzing data delivery requirements and provide technical recommendations for the delivery of fit-for-purpose solutions that leverage existing data integration technologies at the client and/or new technologies recommended by Strategy & Enterprise Architecture;
- Providing technical design and hands-on implementation of real-time and batch data integration solutions utilizing general purpose programming languages;
- Designing, developing, and maintaining data models in support of reporting and analytics and collaborate with the Business Intelligence Analysts to deliver solid reporting and analytics applications;
- Participating in troubleshooting and resolving data integration issues as part of the problem resolution process for production systems;
- Contributing to the definition and maintenance of the corporate Data Dictionary and the Master Data domains by collaborating with business partners and other IT teams;
- Identifying and reporting to management any safety hazards, infractions of the OH&S Act; and,
- Using or wearing the equipment and/or protective devices provided by the employer.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree in Computer Science is preferred or a College Computer Science Diploma;
- Working knowledge of data warehousing and RDBMS;
- Knowledge of semi-structured databases (NoSQL);
- Knowledge of modern data integration technologies (event driven, change data capture);
- Knowledge of ETL technologies;
- Good knowledge of scripting and general purpose programming languages;
- Knowledge of inter-changeable data formats: JSON, CSV, XML;
- Solid understanding of SQL scripting;
- Working knowledge of Apache Kafka is preferred;
- Working knowledge of the ELK stack (ElasticSearch-Logstash-Kibana);
- Good knowledge of Java, Scala, Python;
- Knowledge of Informatica Power Center;
- Data modelling experience;
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (HTTP, REST API);
- Basic knowledge of open source integration technologies;
- Basic knowledge of collaboration tools; and,
- Strong communication skills.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.