Programmer Analyst Junior
Eagle is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst Junior. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participate in the analysis and design of new features;
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones;
- Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
- Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations, emerging platforms to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
- Participate in the established processes and help to improve them, and;
- Establish and supplement technical documentation, practice good knowledge-management hygiene.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- College degree, Bachelor or Master of Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or similar;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong technical writing skills;
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent ability to articulate technical problems to non-technical audience;
- AGILE/DEVOPS tools (Confluence, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.);
- OS Scripting languages(shell, batch);
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL;
- Autonomous, tolerance to a fast-paced / fast-changing environment;
- Strong team player; ability to facilitate, negotiate and work within a multi-domain team environment;
- Quick learning;
- Creativity and ingenuity;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle ;
- Familiarity with CI concepts and Agile-hybrid delivery models;
- Understanding of DEVOPS;
- Good familiarity with network concepts as they relate to application design (Load balancing etc.);
- Ability to work efficiently in virtual teams. Conference calls and video calls are routine, as is handling multiple parallel projects;
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet hard deadlines and available to work occasional overnights to take part in deployment activities;
- Ability to travel within Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto corridors with advance notification; travel depending on project needs (occasional only);
- Fast-paced, changing working environment;
- Microsoft SQL Server, Redis (as an asset);
- General understanding of IT standards relating to Telecom (TMForum ETOM, SID etc.) (as an asset);
- Software development experience (C#, Java, Spring, Node.js) (as an asset), and;
- French-English bilingualism (as a strong asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.