Eagle is currently seeking a Programmer/Analyst Intermediate. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Primary focus: Development and design work on an existing test automation platform written in Ruby on Rails, leveraging the Appium and Watir libraries;
- Participate in design & planning sessions with overall automation project leads;
- Lead and mentor a small team of junior software development interns using the platform for automated test development;
- Develop and present platform architecture documentation using standard UML techniques, and;
- Maintain a high standard of quality in all coded artifacts, providing clearly documented designs and coded solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Recent degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- Recent work experience (3yrs+) in software development using Ruby and Rails;
- Strong written and oral communications skills (in English);
- Strong collaborative skills, working well within a team is essential;
- Experience with, and working knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes;
- Extensive experience with Git source control methodologies;
- Experience working in Scrum teams, Scrum Master capability beneficial;
- Experience with Appium/Selenium/Watir automation frameworks;
- Fluent in English (Written, Spoken);
- Experience with change management systems, I.e. GiT, SVN, VSS, etc, (as an asset);
- Experience with defect reporting tools such as Jira, Zephyr, Bugzilla, etc. (as an asset);
- Experience with Python programming (as an asset), and;
- Bilingual French proficiency (Written, Spoken) (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.