Instant Communications Architect
Eagle is currently seeking an Instant Communications Architect. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Design and develop systems architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards;
- Take responsibility for technical planning, architecture development, and modification of specifications, as well as develops specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings;
- Assess the integration of products/services proposed and its compatibility as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies;
- Develop strategic technology initiatives related to the evolution of the company to meet business and customer demands;
- Coordinate and participate in implementation, verification, and acceptance testing of new hardware, new software, software upgrades, or features;
- Plan solution delivery steps and deployment phases for new network solutions or upgrades;
- Review vendor IP and Network Documents to ensure solutions proposed to adhere to company specified standards and Network architectures;
- Troubleshoot complex problems and identify solutions and recommendations;
- Work with various support teams to understand and resolve service outage and complete outage/post mortem reports, and;
- Work with vendors, stakeholders, and customers to understand product and solution roadmaps.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- 5-10 years experience;
- Degree in computers science, computer/electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Ability to slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with the team's support;
- Ability to oversee the running of applications and determine enhancements;
- Ability and experience developing architecture documentation, diagrams, procedures, and project plans;
- Advanced Networking experience (including areas such as routing, load balancing, and architecture concepts such as NML, MPLS, ICN, DMZ/zoning, etc.);
- Advanced cyber-security experience (including areas such as authentication, encryption, identity and access management);
- Experience with IMS, SIP Signaling, wireless access technologies like 5G/LTE/HSPA+/Wifi;
- Experience working in an Agile team environment and embodies the Agile philosophy;
- Self-sufficient and strong ability to adapt to changes;
- Ability to motivate others and promote team spirit and employee value;
- Proficient in both written and oral communication;
- Knowledge and experience with Push To Talk (OMA-PoC standard, 3GPP Release 13 or equivalent), VoLTE or other VOIP applications (as an asset);
- Experience in Value Added Services and mobile application integration (as an asset);
- Experience with Land Mobile Radio and Radio Systems knowledge (as an asset);
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud-based solutions (as an asset), and;
- Experience with micro-services software architecture (and RESTful and/or gRPC APIs) and container environments (Docker, Kubernetes).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.