Intermediate Project ControllerEagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Project Controller for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing active cost management reporting and governance of projects/programs from initiation to completion;
- Creating, maintaining, and managing cost forecasting/reporting systems to ensure accuracy and visibility of project estimates and budgets to project scope/objectives;
- Creating and analyzing change management documents to govern project costs and objective variances;
- Forecasting costs to completion based on trends including productivity measurements, labour rate analysis, commitments, management of change, schedule impacts and material cost variance;
- Updating, maintaining, and analyzing project commitments, cost flow, and expenditures while also supporting monitoring, reviewing and analysis of cost, schedule, earned value and associated reporting;
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing project/program performance and costs from initiation to completion;
- Establishing and reporting project/program metrics and benchmarks;
- Assessing and documenting trends and risks of the project/ program as related to costs/schedule;
- Developing and maintaining financial reporting (weekly/monthly);
- Collaborating and communicating with internal (Project Managers, business analysts, project administrators) and external stakeholders (vendors) throughout the project cycle to ensure transparency of project costs and trends;
- Making decisions and recommendations relating to general policy and project governance issues using established guidelines, procedures or policies, within authorized limits. Operates at a higher level of independence, engaging senior colleagues when required;
- Identifying, collecting, and analyzing project cost and performance data to establish performance metrics in support of effective and proactive control of project costs and forecasting;
- Preparing forecasts, trending reports and governs commitment to budget and forecast. Reports on deviations throughout the lifecycle of the project;
- Liaising with Project Managers, internal and client personnel regarding project control activities;
- May be tasked to provide guidance to junior staff within appropriate limits; and,
- Recommending alternatives and solutions to routine and somewhat complex problems.
The qualified candidate must have:
- An Undergraduate Degree; and,
- Four (4) years relevant experience.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.