Data Scientist - Business Intelligence
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Data Scientist - Business Intelligence. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Build and implement machine learning-driven projects from inception to production;
- Frame and structure business opportunities as ML problems;
- Identify right and quality data sources to enable model development;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of data engineers, ML engineers, project managers and business process owners in developing and deploying ML projects;
- Use a production-first mindset with respect to performance, time, quality and cost and through prototyping;
- Support business asks around model performance, explainability and strategic guidance;
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of ML/AI and current technology through training opportunities;
- Business Development;
- Consult for the business team to identify the right opportunities to apply ML techniques;
- Build business case around using ML techniques to address the business opportunities;
- Develop minimum viable products (MVP) or proofs-of-concept to demonstrate the value of ML;
- Present the approach to senior business partners and get business buy-in, and;
- Build a trusting relationship with existing business clients.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Knowledge/ experience with at least one general programming language (e.g. Python, C/C++, Java);
- Knowledge/ experience of ML frameworks/ libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, PyTorch, SparkML, Keras, Tensorflow, numpy, pandas, NLTK, OpenCV);
- Highly analytical and are a natural storyteller;
- Experience with ML algorithms and techniques: supervised learning including regression, trees, SVM, and deep neural nets, unsupervised and reinforcement learning, and mathematical understanding of them. Experience in ML applications such as computer vision, natural language processing, and recommender systems is a plus;
- Experience driving changes and facilitate technological transformations;
- Self-motivated and can demonstrate enthusiasm via personal projects, Kaggle competitions, publications, contribution to open source projects, and/or presentations at meetups/conferences;
- Experience with data processing and storage technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redis, HBase, Kafka, SAS and Teradata (as an asset);
- Experience with data visualization (as an asset);
- Experience in software engineering and containerization (as an asset);
- Experience in model deployment at scale (as an asset), and;
- Experience in consulting (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.