Network Engineer for Cloud Services
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Network Engineers. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Plan, design, configure networking into our Cloud infrastructure;
- Provide engineering support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units and vendors;
- Lead new design and service catalog standards and instructions;
- Document design solutions and conduct project training and information sharing sessions;
- As part of a continuous improvement approach, contribute or lead process improvement initiatives typically associated with delivery cycle times and efficiency, and;
- Layer 3 support for production network.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor degree in computer/electrical engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Expert level hands-on experience on LAN and WAN networks;
- Advanced knowledge on information security systems such a firewall, IPS, DDoS prevention;
- In-depth knowledge of protocols such as BGP, MPLS, ISIS, eVPN;
- Strong hands scripting and programming experience in python, Ansible, shell or equivalent;
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker;
- Hands-on experience with networking physical layer technologies;
- Interest in working in an agile/DevOps environment;
- Very autonomous and able to work in ambiguous circumstances;
- Able to lead the resolution of complex problems, involving many partners both internal and external across multiple systems or processes;
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, negotiating, and technical decision-making skills;
- Excellent English written and verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills, and;
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV, OpenDaylight, or ONOS (as a strong asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Eagle Professional Resources
Staff Placement Agency Permit Number: AP-2000200
Placement of Personnel and Recruitment of Temporary Foreign Workers Permit Number: AR-2000199
Eagle Temporary Staffing
Staff Placement Agency Permit Number: AP-2000204
Placement of Personnel and Recruitment of Temporary Foreign Workers Permit Number: AR-2000205