Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new searchEagle is currently seeking a System Analyst for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing programs and applications and document analysis, working in the following technical environments: .NET, PowerBuilder, Visual Studio, UNIVA, UNIX, Sybase;
- Developing requirements, feasibility, cost, design, and specification documents for new or production systems;
- Gathering and analyzing data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems;
- Analyzing functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decisions flows and recommend alternatives for solutions;
- Defining and documenting interfaces of manual to automated operations within sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems;
- Defining input/output sources including a detailed plan for technical design phase;
- Defining and documenting all systems components, their interfaces and operational environment;
- Defining data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, online, production monitoring procedures, testing strategy, and systems;
- Documenting systems design, concepts and facilities, present and obtain approval for detailed system design;
- Translating business requirements into systems design and technical specifications;
- Working with developers to model and produce functional prototype and an operational system including all forms, manuals programs, data files and procedures;
- Implementing systems to support projects, departments, organizations or businesses;
- Creating, updating, and maintaining procedures and standards;
- Maintaining up-to-date business knowledge of standards, policies and processes;
- Providing expert consultation in production system analysis, performance, scalability security and maintenance;
- Analyzing and coordinating data file conversions including completing mapping, interfaces, mock conversion work, enhancements, and actual conversion and verify completeness and accuracy of converted data;
- Working with importing / restructuring files and data from various sources and in diverse formats; and,
- Contributing to the work breakdown structure and Project Plan.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five plus (5+) years of total system analysis and design;
- Three plus (3+) years using applicable software such as PowerBuilder and Visual Studio;
- Experience working on a project team and is familiar with project fundamentals, general project skills a strong asset;
- Knowledge in system integrations and technical reporting an asset;
- General insurance industry knowledge a strong asset;
- General project knowledge and experience a strong asset, agile methodology an asset;
- .NET, Univa, UNIX, Sybase experience a strong asset;
- Strong research and technical reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, technical and non-technical; and,
- Excellent understanding of high level architectural solutions.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.