Eagle is currently seeking a Solution Architect. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
- Create, evaluate and recommend solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements;
- Collaborate with Architecture COE on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps;
- Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the current corporate integration requirements;
- Liaise with Project Managers and Delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project/initiative;
- Lead and delegate development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame;
- Provide guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process;
- Assess and articulate any impacts of the solution on the existing business and technical landscape;
- Support management, business, development teams, and the BSD teams with innovations and solid design principles;
- Work closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented;
- Proactively anticipate technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security;
- Participate in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches;
- Author architectural solution documents;
- Assists with the design and implementation of available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and systems, with help from senior Architects;
- Assists with implementation Architecture solution from an Application and Infrastructure perspective;
- Assist with integration of infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure/data center environment;
- Assist with design of reference Architecture for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications;
- Educates team to implement based on best practices, and;
- Provides hands-on technical support to accelerate Cloud learning among peers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiar with / basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies;
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization;
- Solution design: familiar with workflow concepts and how they integrate with application solutions in a cross-application context;
- Application development: knowledge of functions, features and facilities of applicable programming languages;
- Application development concepts: is familiar with developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application environments;
- Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with both functional and performance aspects of integration;
- Domain knowledge: experience in relevant IT domain, and;
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent (required), Graduate degree in engineering, computer science (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.