Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Privacy Specialist. This is a nine (9) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
- Kick off the PIA work and get approval on the proposed plan;
- Regular reviews with Information Access and Privacy team while developing the PIAs, frequency to be determined by both groups;
- Update the Project Manager/PMO on the progress of work being done on a weekly basis;
- Obtain advice and guidance from applicable privacy, security and legislation resources/experts;
- Identify legislation, regulatory and policy changes, risks and considerations related to the projects;
- Develop the PIAs, within the established time frame and get the necessary reviews and approvals;
- Present the PIA reports - outlining assessment finding and key risks and mitigations plan - to various committees that are part of the overall project governance.; i.e. Executive Steering Committee, Sponsors Committee, and Architecture Review Board;
- Provide, on an ad hoc basis, information, updates and/or materials related to this work to support the project when updating various committees’ that are part of the overall project governance.; i.e. Executive Steering Committee, Sponsors Committee, etc;
- Outline the criteria and process to support future updates to the CCM PIA;
- Obtain the baseline documentation and information sources needed to complete the PIAs;
- Review important documentation including, but not limited to, applicable privacy legislation, privacy and security policies, solution architecture, solution functional design, detailed business requirements, process flows, and other related documents;
- Develop Privacy Impact Assessment deliverables based on the template and standards established by Information, Access & Privacy Services;
- Description of the architecture and information flows which includes text and diagrams and the parties associated with the flow;
- Discussion around collection, use and disclosure of personal information, including authority, user access analysis, auditing procedures and reporting of privacy and security breaches;
- Outline Privacy standards and security measures;
- Complete the PIA activities as per NS Government standards, including analysis, documentation, identification and communication of risks, and facilitate resolution of PIA related issues, in consultation with relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate with the necessary SNS, ICT and the Application Development Vendors Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to expand on the baseline, documentation and information as required in the completion of the PIAs, and;
- Obtain a formal approval and sign-off of the PIAs by Service owners, Information Access and Privacy – IAP director or representative, and/or other stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of privacy and risk analysis experience, preferably in the public sector;
- Must have led 5 PIA preferably in the public sector, within the last 5 years;
- Experience delivering PIA’s in a multi-vendor environment with internal staff assigned as project resources;
- Experience conducting privacy assessments of vendor-hosted solutions;
- Strong Business Analysis skills;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of NS legislation and policy trough project experience is desirable;
- Experience with digital services and payment platforms (as an asset), and;
- Experience in Payment and Digital Services programs (as an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.