Backend Developer (Healthcare)Eagle is currently seeking a Backend Developer (Healthcare) for a ten (10) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, designing, and developing high quality APIs and web applications;
- Designing and developing key integrations between various clinic computer systems;
- Participating in design sessions and code reviews;
- Creating technical specifications and test plans; and,
- Improving existing systems by analyzing areas of modification.
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and a minimum of four (4) years of recent experience in a software development role; or A Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and minimum of five (5) years of recent, related experience in a software development role; or a certificate in Software Engineering , Computer Science, or Information Systems and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in software in a software development role;
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience working in Node.js;
- Experience developing web services/RESTful APIs;
- Experience in implementation and authorization in web services/API;
- Understanding of application architecture/design patterns;
- SQL and relational database experience (preferably SQL Server);
- Experience with Java Script testing frameworks such as Jest or Mocha, etc.;
- Experience working with git;
- The ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical groups, both internally and externally;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent time management with ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines; and,
- Experience working in an Agile and /or Scrum environment using tools such as Jira or VSTS.
- Experience in Agile environment using Azure DevOps;
- Serverless functions: Azure Functions;
- Document databases: Cosmos DB/Mongo DB;
- Experience creating browser-based Java-Script applications using a prominent front-end framework such as React (preferred, Angular, Vue, etc.);
- Deploying to cloud services such as Azure;
- Understanding of event-driven applications architectures; and,
- Knowledge of healthcare informatics systems is preferred.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.