Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Consulting business subject matter experts to identify, define and document business requirements and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements;
- Acting as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical team, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of solutions to ensure optimal operational performance;
- Analyzing the feasibility of, and developing requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensuring the system design fits the needs of the users;
- Tracking and fully documenting changes for functional and business specifications; writing detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training;
- Identifying opportunities for improving business processes through the use of technology and/or through business process changes;
- Assisting in the preparation of Business Cases to support new projects, enhancements and changes in processes;
- Reading and interpreting technical literature and translating in terms understandable to the end-users or non-technical staff;
- Planning, organizing and conducting business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews of programs significant or specific to a government or a department;
- Consolidating information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making;
- Conducting change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business requirements;
- Participating in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality;
- Providing technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching professional and technical staff;
- Developing training curriculum and conducting formal training sessions covering assigned systems module;
- Directing or participating in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, resolve problems including organizational, procedural, technical and fiscal research and analysis;
- Developing policy and procedures to improve efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and/or improve internal and external customer service;
- Preparing reports and written findings and recommendations; and monitoring changes;
- Providing work direction to one or more technical or clerical staff or acting as a team lead on designated projects or assignments; and,
- Other business analyst duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Commerce or an equivalent field;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working as a business analyst;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience documenting/conducting process re-engineering;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience writing use cases;
- High level of communications, and client relationship skills. Must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts, both to clients (internal or external) and to team members, and to negotiate change;
- Capability of effectively identifying and framing problems, leading the collection of elements of information, and integrating this information to produce timely and thoughtful decisions;
- Accreditation from Business Analyst professional association (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK) (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.