Web Design Developer
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Web Design Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 24-month contract located in Charlottetown, PEI to start in July.
As a Web Design Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Investigating, testing and documenting the upgrade of the Drupal services environment from Drupal version 8 to Drupal version 9;
- Providing recommendations for the enhancement of current webforms;
- Rebuilding webforms currently in Drupal 7 using Drupal 8 with recommended enhancements;
- Developing Category 5 sites in Drupal 8 based on desired standards and functionality.
- The Web Design Developer must be enthusiastic, innovative thinking, a technical resource who will work closely with the Supervisor of Digital Content and plays a role in defining solutions and solving issues.
What we’re looking for:
- The Web Design Developer must demonstrate experience in:
- Writing code that was well designed, tested, and put into a production environment;
- Developing or supporting web sites using Drupal content management systems (CMS);
- Creating and configuring Drupal structures (content types, views, taxonomies, blocks, etc.); and
- Participating in the software development life cycle.
- Experience with or an understanding of:
- HTML, XML, JSON;
- CSS, SASS;
- Relational databases such as MySQL;
- Web design principles and best practice;
- Interpretation of visual designs into code using the Bootstrap framework to create responsive and mobile Drupal themes; and
- Creation of custom Drupal modules to meet functionality requirements if no existing contributed modules exist.
- Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
- Docker or other container software;
- Aegir site management; and
- WCAG web accessibility standards.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.