IMS/DB2 Systems Programmer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an IMS/DB2 Systems Programmer for a 6-month contract position in Markham (Remotely work), ON.
Our client requires an IMS/DB2 Systems Programmer to provide specialized technical assistance in the performance of multiple mainframe software upgrades (zOS, DB2, and IMS), systems maintenance and administration, day-to-day operational support, including ITIL best-practice incident, change, and problem management, and project activities that support ITS 24/7/365 operations in a multi-site, multi-platform and multi-protocol environment.
As the IMS/DB2 Systems Programmer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Self-motivated Mainframe Database administrator and analyst with proven experience in Mainframe code build, documentation and testing
- Experience in disaster recovery and business continuity techniques, processes and procedures for database platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of Mainframe applications, databases, products, tools and z/OS environment to support the production environment and assist in DR planning and test execution
- Experience in IMS and DB2 database and their connectivity with the ability to troubleshoot problems arising during building DR environment at the 3rd party site
- Operational understanding of hierarchal and relational database concepts and software including IBM DB2 and IMS with the ability to create Method of Procedure (MoP) for the DR testing
- Operational understanding of IMS processes and concepts such as IMS Packaging, Transaction Flow, Scheduling and Execution, IMS Locking, IMS Logger, and IMS to DB2 connectivity
- Knowledge in the design, installation, configuration, management, triage and operational support of IBM DB2, including associated administrative tools
- Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting, tuning and optimizing database performance
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for DB2 and IMS database platform, including assessing and installing fixes and patches that are required to maintain operational efficiency, performance, functionality, support, and security
- Knowledge of installing and supporting ISV DB2/IMS program products
- Experience in implementing changes into the production environment and DR builds
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborating in work and contribute to an agile team environment
- Adherence to defined Change and Incident Management requirements
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.