Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Software Developer and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in April.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Applies the standard SDLC process in the development of business applications and solutions in response to business requirements;
- Develops system design documents for use in the coding and testing of business applications and solutions;
- Develops test plans and data and performs testing to verify that the programs function correctly and to ensure that modifications have not caused errors in other parts of the program, interfacing programs, and interfacing systems;
- Designs, develops, and implements integrated web applications using industry standards such as web services and Service-Oriented Architecture;
- Coordinates data population, installation, training, technical and acceptance testing, and post-implementation refinements for all custom-developed objects;
- Prepares technical documentation for all development items; supports analysis, development, and testing for enterprise solutions;
- Reviews and analyses software programs to gain a detailed understanding of the implementation of the underlying business functions;
- Performs second-level functional/technical support of business applications and solutions throughout their active life; and,
- Follows established ITIL processes in troubleshooting, fixing, configuring, upgrading, testing, implementing or deploying fixes/patches/upgrades to web-based enterprise applications.
What we’re looking for:
Any individual proposed to fill this role must possess the following qualifications;
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience;
- A minimum of 6 years of direct work experience as an enterprise Software Developer
- Strong development background in C#;
- Strong experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Strong understanding of core Microsoft technologies, including .Net 4.5 platforms, Winforms, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF);
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS) and TFS components, and SQL Server 2008 and 2012;
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Library;
- Experience with Silverlight 5.0, MVC, MVVM and Prism is a plus;
- Understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous application design;
- Strong automated testing discipline; familiarity with continuous integration and test-driven development is a plus; and,
- Strong knowledge of data storage technologies, especially SQL Server.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.