Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Specialist and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 12-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in April.
As a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Develop privacy impact assessments of the dispatch centre technologies within an ambulance dispatch centre, including the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) tool, the associated interfaces, the associated reporting application, Ambulance Dispatch Reporting System (ADRs), applications such as Paramedics Information Exchange (PIX), Real-Time Data Exchange Service (RTDE), Ambulance Mobile Data Exchange (AMDE), business tools such as Digital Voice Recording and Retrieval (DVRR), Ambulance Base Call (ABC) Alerting, AVL Aggregator, integration activities, and associated business processes;
- Complete threat and risk analysis of new information technologies and information data systems or programs to ensure policies, technologies or information systems meet legal and technical privacy requirements;
- Lead and provide technical expertise in the development of access and privacy tools to facilitate the development of I&IT requirements, implementation of security mechanisms about the creation, collection, storage, access, retrieval and disclosure of Personal Health Information (PHI);
- Examine complex program, policy and information system proposals to assess and document business flow and context; perform stakeholder analysis, public/private partnerships, governance structures, and feasibility in terms of the protection of Personal Health Information (PHI) collected and retained;
- Support projects to ensure compliance with security and privacy best practices, such as the Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA) (2004);
- Provide technical and systems advice on legacy systems, Internet tools, and system interfaces, information, security, technical architecture and data flows to improve the protection of Personal Health Information (PHI);
- Provide technical and systems advice on data flows that originate from Central Ambulance Communication Centers (CACC’s) that are owned by the Ministry, funded through transfer payments to Municipalities, and privately owned;
- Provide technical and systems advice on data flows to municipal Paramedic Services;
- Develop business processes and procedures that describe information flows associated with new technologies, programs, policies or information systems to illustrate how and by whom Personal Health Information (PHI) will be collected, used, disclosed and retained;
- Using system and infrastructure architectures, document physical and/or logical separation of Personal Health Information (PHI) or security mechanisms that prevent improper access to Personal Health Information (PHI) or maintain any required separation;
- Provide privacy, threat and risk assessment expertise, consultation, and support to project team members, senior management and colleagues in MOH advising on the legislation and regulations, to resolve potential legal or privacy problems;
- Provide analysis and advice to ministries and clusters regarding the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and privacy implications, privacy and security concepts, of new information technologies and information systems, and assist institutions in documenting their analysis;
- Recommend threat and risk mitigation strategies and privacy-enhancing technologies following Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) procedures;
- Identify, analyze and assess emerging and critical policy issues relating to Freedom of Information (FOI) and Protection of Privacy which may have an impact on PIA methodology, and,
- Formulate policy proposals, recommendations, strategies and options for the project team and Ministry executive to address emerging issues;
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.