Application TesterEagle is currently seeking an Application Tester for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing application installation testing, analysis, and remediation on assigned applications ensuring operability in a Win 10 and the client’s environment (i.e. shimming, security exceptions, etc.). This includes engaging clients, technical teams, and vendors as required to resolve identified issues;
- Validating application requirements including licensing and versioning, identifying software/peripheral dependency impacts by working with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Conducting client interviews to understand their business requirements and identifying other unknowns as appropriate;
- Engaging and supporting clients in conducting functional testing and user acceptance testing on packaged applications including obtaining client sign-off;
- Evaluating and guiding optimal application delivery method, and package applications as appropriate using a suite of packaging tools and methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer;
- Creating installation documentation following template and strict guidelines from service provider; and,
- Collaborating with technical teams, Technology Services, and vendor to ensure application readiness according to project timelines and escalate issues to the Team Lead Application Planning and Readiness for support where required.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong experience with Win 7 and/or Win 10 application installation testing and remediation;
- Strong experience with functional testing and user acceptance testing;
- Application packaging experience;
- Experience in preparing application deployment type in a managed environment (i.e. manual install, etc.);
- Strong demonstrated experience in packaging applications using a variety of methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer;
- The ability to translate clinical and business needs to technical solution requirements;
- The ability to apply multiple technical solutions to resolve technical issues;
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (able to engage users and manage testing expectations);
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Past experience creating Manual Installation Instruction Set documentation; and,
- Knowledge of virtual technologies including application containerization, VDI, XenApp, VMWare / VMSphere, Hyperconverge, Unidesk, Uniprint, Nutanix and cloud / managed services is an asset.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.