Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for an Operations Associate and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 6-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start in April.
As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Represent CMG Operations Team on projects and initiatives to provide business-specific context, information, and analysis on proposed changes. Initiatives may include the development and implementation of new/ revised products, new systems or enhancements, new/revised processes in support of internal efficiencies and industry regulatory changes;
- Represent CMG Operations Team during change impact analysis and business requirements gathering, implementation planning and support, and issue escalation;
- Act as the primary contact for new and/or revised CMG Operations Team projects and initiatives, and liaise with other business units such as LOB, Finance Shared Services, Credit Risk, Market Risk, and the Derivatives Legal Group (DLG) and external systems
- Review, assess and recommend business readiness situations for new product introductions and feasibility of internal and external systems;
- Advise the business to accept changes in process and systems by informing key stakeholders of the implications of changes; recommend actions, as appropriate.
- Develop business cases for initiatives, using knowledge of service offerings, products and processes.
- Provide coaching and training to other staff from time to time.
- Act as the liaison and intermediary for the delivery of assigned change management initiatives, ensuring business impacts and requirements for successful implementation of initiatives for CMG Operations Team are accurately and thoroughly defined and under
- Create, maintain and advise on intake and assessment processes for new business, projects and/or policy changes initiated by the business unit and/or internal business partners; act as subject matter expertise (SME) on projects for matters;
- Support the implementation and maintenance of process and system changes to ensure CMG’s business requirements are accurately defined, business implications and impacts of initiatives to CMG and its related stakeholders are understood, and leadership;
- Ensure common application of standards and consistency of implementation in accordance with Bank standards and practices;
- Investigate and resolve system or process corrections and adjustments affecting CMG’s processes and effectiveness;
- Contribute to the development of business planning, technology planning and process development related to change initiatives;
- Act as the central point of contact for problem escalation from the CMG Ops team and other relevant areas;
- Contribute to the provision of workflow/ procedure training for team members, as required;
- Participate in external and internal audits, as required;
- Ensure CMG is in compliance with the CFTC rules respecting the protection of collateral of counterparties to uncleared swap transactions (CFTC Regelation 23.700-23.704;
- Follow through, monitor mark-to-market (MtM) exposure to the Bank’s counterparties to mitigate credit losses and process the movement of collateral between the Bank and its counterparties around the world, and ensure timely settlement and that the terms;
- Collaborate with the CMG Reconciliation team in their investigations when necessary;
- Act as an SME to create new and existing reports for various Bank areas involving data extraction, using extensive knowledge of the Sentry Collateral Management System (Sentry) database and produce collateral management reports for key client groups.
What we’re looking for:
- Four (4) to five (5) years of related work experience, ideally in a similar, enterprise-level environment
- Strong working knowledge of OTC derivatives (what they are comprised of, how to evaluate them, how they work, etc.)
- Very strong VBA skills are a MUST
- Working Knowledge of ISDA CSA agreements
- Working experience with collateral management processes
- Familiar with established process analysis and improvement tools
- Familiar with products, operations and market practices as relates to collateral management
- Solid knowledge of testing strategies, test plans, and execution
- Working Experience with Excel (using macros, v-lookups, etc.) as well as other Microsoft Suite technologies
- Experience working with Calypso
- CFA Designation (either one in hand, or in the process of working towards one)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and especially written (the bulk of communications with internal and external parties will be over email)
- Ability to, and a willingness to learn
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze a component or components of a process to optimize system functionality
- Team Player and a willingness to work with a team often
- Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.