VMware NSX/Splunk/Palo Alto Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle currently has a career opportunity for a VMware NSX/Splunk/Palo Alto Architect and we are looking to speak to qualified candidates with the skills and experience outlined below.
This position is a 2-month contract located in Toronto, ON to start immediately.
As VMware NSX/Splunk/Palo Alto Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and execute strategy to steer solutions to the use of standardized design patterns across Application, Platform and Infrastructure;
- The incumbent will require an in-depth understanding of their business needs while identifying and leveraging synergies across the various areas;
- Cloud Infrastructure Consulting and Adoption Support Work with partners and team members within Technology to provide professional consultation services on technology best practices, standards and policies/guidelines;
- Coordinate and lead teams to deliver solutions focusing on Infrastructures of VMware private cloud and Public cloud based environments, meet SLA’s, Interface with IT, finance, audit, business unit management and other areas of TDBFG to ensure integrated processes, efficient introduction of new technologies, retirement of obsolete technologies and support for business-led initiatives requiring the capabilities of this infrastructure;
- Lead Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise;
- Strong Experience in architecture leadership that brings together and integrates solutions across multiple vendors (e.g. VMware NSX, Palo Alto, ServiceNow, F5 and Cisco);
- Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures (e.g. VMware HCX);
- Ensure that all areas in the organization that provision, deploy and support the Cloud based technology designs have the documentation they require to effectively execute their roles for project delivery;
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation;
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security with primary focus on infrastructure;
- Lead security and compliance based projects;
- Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements; and,
- Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change to influence and drive Infrastructure Engineering strategy and proactively share knowledge with team members to further extend team capability and service excellence.
What we’re looking for:
- In depth knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere and NSX technologies and its upstream/downstream interaction points across multiple platform domains and technology areas.
- Extensive project experience designing enterprise VMware Cloud environments by implementing best practices with a focus on server optimization, availability, functionality, and scalability.
- Solid knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancing and storage technologies
- Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps and designs for large-scale organizations.
- Ten plus (10+) years’ experience as an Infrastructure Architect/Engineer Experience and strong understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, IBM)
- Strong Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Infrastructure Automation experience with Ansible, SALT
- Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce new technologies, or new versions of existing technologies, into the organization.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
- Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
- Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries
- Strong influence and persuasion skills – gets people to change position or course of action through conversations and debate;
- Work collaboratively across the ITS leadership team to gain support, resourcing, and drive results;
- Build effective relationships with IT leaders across the organization;
- Able to manage effectively in a highly matrixed environment;
- Highly motivated individual with a track record of successfully implementing solutions across line of business boundaries;
- Must be able to work with a pool of experts and ensure high levels of service even when the effort crosses organizational boundaries;
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities;
- Proven negotiation and influencing abilities, with contract/vendor management experience an asset;
- Strong communicator, with excellent oral, written and presentation skills.;
- University or post-graduate degree;
- The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering);
- Strong preference for Certified Professional.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.