Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new searchEagle is currently seeking a Technical Architect for a permanent job opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The selection, development, and implementation of technology solutions to address business needs;
- POC and prove their concepts in order to ensure feasibility and complexity, in order to guide the technical team in consideration of risk;
- Technical POCs for new patterns before moving it to development. Demonstrate solution is fit for purpose;
- Producing formal written architecture documentation based on project needs;
- Providing assurance for the viability of designed solutions. Monitors and raises risks that may inhibit solution delivery;
- Designing and creating reusable components to be leveraged across various applications;
- Leading projects from a technical aspect by providing solution analysis, planning, designing of new and enhancements to existing infrastructure, network and platforms;
- Providing architectural expertise, technical design, technical direction, and assistance within the delivery team;
- Assuring completeness of deployment and implementation plans of new infrastructure, network and platforms;
- Conducting research on emerging technologies in support of solution development efforts and make recommendations;
- Reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing environments and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these environments;
- Participating within the team to assist in resolving reported problems;
- Using troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to deliver solutions to problem areas;
- Fostering a culture of team collaboration and continuous improvement;
- Promoting active listening with team members;
- Promoting and supporting Peer Review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates;
- Contributing to knowledge sharing among peers and acts in a mentorship role to assist in the growth of others; and,
- Managing own time and schedule within overall project plan, can effectively control scope of work.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post- Secondary education in computer technology or IT related discipline from an accredited institution;
- Five plus (5+) years’ information technology experience in designing and deploying systems architecture for business applications;
- Five plus (5+) years’ systems development, technical support or implementation experience in applications, technical services or telecommunications areas;
- Strong experience in multi-tier and object-oriented technologies, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, Java, .NET, client/server, Intranet/Internet, WAN networks, and heterogeneous environments;
- Architecture experience on Azure/AWS Cloud infrastructure;
- Experience using Code Repository such as GitHub, TFS or Azure DevOps;
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Experience working in Test Driven Development environment; and,
- Microsoft Certified Solution D certification is an asset.
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.